|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||12|
This is such a fun way to make multiple pie flavors easily! Using any of our scones mixes you can make these mini pies. This recipe does work with our gluten-free scones as well! Below you will see a list of possible flavor combinations.
Ingredients (See Options Below)
- 1 Package of Scone Mix
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Can of Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line your muffin pan with muffin liners
- Mix your scone mix and water
- Add two tablespoons of mix into each muffin liner
- Using a small glass or the back side of a spoon, make an indentation for the filling to go in.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Once removed from the oven, while the mini pies are still warm, reinforce the indentation by pressing it down with the pack of a spoon. (See Image Below)
- Add your pie filling. If you would like the filling to be warmed. You can place these back in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Apple Cinnamon Scone Mix & Apple Pie Filling
- Dark Chocolate Scone Mix & Cherry Pie Filling
- Chocolate Chip Scone Mix & Berry Pie Filling
- Lemon Poppy Seed Scone Mix & Blueberry Pie Filling
- Cinnamon Chip Scone Mix & Pumpkin Pie Filling
You can also use the original scone mix (or the original gluten-free scone mix), and add a little bit of sugar, or a spice (such as cinnamon) to change up the flavor. You can also swap out the water in the scone mix for either a strong tea, coffee, or juice.
- Original Scone Mix with Water swapped for Chai Tea & Strawberry Pie Filling
- Original Scone Mix with water swapped for Cinnamon Tea & Pumpkin Pie Filling
If you would rather use a lower sugar option, you can swap the pie filling with jam or jelly.
- Apricot Scone Mix & Raspberry Jam
- Lemon Poppy Seed Scone Mix & Grape Jelly
- Cranberry Scone Mix & Orange Marmalade
If you prefer something savory over something sweet you can also make savory pies or mini bites.
- Cheddar & Chive Scone Mix & Pepper Jam
- Parmesan Garlic & Herb Scone Mix & Onion Jam