Baked Doughnuts with Shine Buttermilk Pancake Mix
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 Minutes||10-14 Minutes||3|
Ingredients for Doughnuts:
- 1 Cup Shine Bakehouse Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 6 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for Simple Glaze:
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Doughnut Pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Spray the doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a bowl combine; white sugar and pancake mix
- In a separate bowl combine; egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture, until combined
- Spoon mixture into the doughnut pan, and smooth the top of the doughnuts
- Bake for 10-14 minutes
- Allow cooling on the counter, in a doughnut pan for 15 minutes
- Remove doughnuts from pan, and allow to cool before dipping in glaze
Directions for Simple Glaze:
- In a bowl add the powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon of milk
- Mix together with a fork, and add milk as needed to achieve desired consistency
- Dip the doughnuts in the glaze, and allow the glaze to set before eating
If you do not have non-stick cooking spray you can utilize butter.
Use a tablespoon to fill the doughnut pan, which will give you uniform doughnuts. Each doughnut should be around 3 tablespoons of batter.
When baking the doughnuts will rise, to help on potential clean up; place doughnut pan on tin foil lined baking sheet.
Apple Cider Doughnut
- Swap milk in doughnut recipe for apple cider
- Swap glaze for cinnamon sugar; 1/4 cup white sugar & 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Blueberry Lemon Doughnut
- Add 1/6 cup of frozen blueberries
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon zest to batter
- Reduce milk to 5 tablespoons and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice in batter*
- Reduce milk in glaze to 2 tablespoon and add 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
*Adding lemon juice to milk will cause it to curdle slightly, even if you are using non-dairy milk, this will give you a similar flavor to buttermilk.
Chocolate Chip Doughnut
- Add 1/6 cup chocolate chip
- If you want a chocolate glaze, add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder to simple glaze recipe
- Add 1 teaspoon strawberry jam/jelly to each doughnut in the pan.
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut
- Swap glaze for cinnamon sugar mixture; 1/4 cup white sugar & 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Swap white sugar in doughnut for maple syrup.